Junior Badminton, Term Two 2021
Otago Badminton Centre, St Kilda
Enquires and enrollments – contact Jim Hoffmann (027 411 3529) and/or zn.gro.ogatonotnimdabnull@sroinuj
Badminton Coaching, Term Two
- Junior players (17 years and under) interested in learning how to play will be coached in ability squads.
- Starting the week of Mon 3 May.
- Attend one session per week and continue with the same day each week, either from 5.30 – 7 pm Monday or Thursday or Sunday 4 – 5.30 pm (players will be organised to a specific day based on ability level or by player day availability).
- Cost – $120 per player per school term.
Junior Friday night competition, Term Two
- A weekly competition for Junior players (17 years and under).
- Starting Friday 14 May, 5 – 6.30 pm with a FREE ‘come and try’ night, that will also be used to guide organising players into ability levels for the subsequent competition.
- Then every Friday, 5 – 6.30 pm for Term Two, singles, doubles & mixed doubles games.
- Cost – $40 per player for the 8-week competition (Friday 21 May to Friday 9 July, 8 nights).
Junior Singles Ladder Challenge, Term Two
- This will run at-hoc and be advertised on the Facebook page and website
- Junior players 17 years and under.
- First ladder challenge – 9 May, 2 – 3.30pm. Enter by 7 May.
- Cost $5 per player per night.
Friday night Shuttletime, Term Two
- A Badminton New Zealand program encouraging participation that is great for those starting out in badminton.
- Every Friday of school term, 5 – 6pm. Term Two starts Friday 7 May.
- Players aged 5 –13 years, lots of fun games with some informal coaching from top junior players and coaches.
- No enrollment required or commitment for the term, just turn up as you like on the day. Rackets and shuttles provided.
- Cost – $2 per child per night.